Pages

How to remove file protection from iTunes songs

Ok, if this tutorial is not complete it is because I took a break from my headache while you are reading this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any action that you do using this information or whatver information you come across using this tutorial. This tutorial is for informational purposes only and to help transferr songs you already own to another computer.

Okay there are lots of ways to remove file protection using programs and what not, but what if you do not feel like downloading anything, or just don't have the priveldges on the computer to do so? What are you to do with all of those files that you can't play on any other computer that you paid for. What in the world are you supposed to do?

Basically it is the same meathodas using your iPod as a storage device, here is a quick tutorial on that.
1. Have your iPod disconnected.
2. Make a file with whatever program file you want to put on your iPod.
3. Now it is time for speed because approximately 10 seconds after you conenct your iPod it dissapears from the "my computer" section if it is innactive (if you are placing songs onto it, you can see it once again). So have my computer opened and the directory of whatever file you want to place on it. Connect your iPod and instantly place whatever file you want to be placed on it straight onto it (it will be a drive f:\).
4. And voila, you have now placed a file onto you iPod, now go to your other computer, and use the same technique, open up My computer, connect your iPod, and now drag the file outa there onto your new computer.

Ok, now that we understand how to use the iPod as a storage device we will get into how to use this feature to our andvantage to get rid of the file protection. I still do not understand how or why the shit works, but it does. Basically the main reason I even found out about this was because those sons-of-a-bitches at Macantosh made it so that if you place songs on your iPod through the iTunes software that you cannot transferr them to your other computers, this feature is useful for protecting songs from bieng brought to another computer illegally but as a saying goes "locks are for honest people because they will try the door and leave. But for unhonest people who we made the locks to keep them out, they can get past them". But the occasion comes where this is not the case and that is the reason for which I wrote this tutorial. Also because of what was written above, it is basically about 3 steps to take the file protection off.
1. Make a new folder on your desktop with whatever songs you want to take the file protection off of.
2. Open up my computer.
3. Connect your iPod and place the folder with all of your songs onto your iPod (make sure you will have enough space on your iPod to do so).
4. Disconnect your iPod and bring it to your other computer.
5. Open up My computer on your other computer.
6. Connect your iPod to the other computer and place the file onto the computer.
7. Voila for some odd reason the file is unprotected!

Now, I have only done this once, and only with a computer that did not have iTunes installed on it. I have not tried this to place the files on and then back onto your computer to take the protection off because it might not work, but I do now that you can just place the files onto another computer, delete the file off of your iPod, and then place the unprotected one back onto your desktop and vuala. I do not guarantee any results if the other computer has iTunes. And I would also appreciate if people could post their success and unsuccessful attempts at this and to post what version of the iPod they used, what version of iTunes, and if the other computer had iTunes installed or did not or had it installed in the past but then deleted.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My phone only lets me play unprotected files. I put the micro sd into an adapter then into a thumb drive and then into my computer. I drag the iTunes music into the card, but when I put the micro sd into my phone, it doesn't let me play them because theyre protected. + I can't use a different computer. Can u tell me how to remove file protection w/o downloads or anything that will get my computer or my memory card broken? Thanks.